With the advent of new technologies surfacing these days, it is most certain that business people find new means of marketing their business in several different forms online. One of the newest marketing tips that we can find today is podcast consulting. Most marketers make a lot of hype about podcasting and asserting that it is the next big thing that most businessmen should consider.
While it is a fact that podcast provides an edge over traditional online media means before, this type of marketing strategy is not for everyone. Podcasting requires knowledge and skill in the multimedia aspect thus demand time and effort to produce. Though is not as hard as decoding and encrypting programming codes in different assembly languages, but still it takes time to fully take control of it.
Should you produce and create your own podcast? Before we answer that question, let us know first what’s in it for you. Customers all over the world are now demanding more control than before. Familiar with TiVo and iPod? Just like these, people demand for information and entertainment whenever they want it.
Podcasts, commonly in either audio or video format, has some advantages over other available media online:
1. Video and audio podcasting demonstrate emotion and personal touch, thus resulting to better interaction between you and your customers.
2. Video and audio files are seemingly portable and can certainly be downloaded anytime wherever you are. You can bring it along wherever you wish to go.
3. Podcasts are perfect to include a certain type of content like interviews.
4. Most people nowadays prefer to learn and absorb bits of information thru listening and viewing.
5. Several types of content like music can’t be published along with other media format.
Other forms of online marketing tools can somehow provide the same effect but what really sets podcasting apart from the others?
1. Automation/Flexibility. Potential customers can now identify the one they want to subscribe to and download. They can even schedule it and sync the files to their portable handheld device or even their desktop pc’s.
2. Desktop or portable media device. Being able to store any kind of content is another advantage. Podcast subscribers don’t really need to consume the content and store it in their portable device, but still they can only choose which ones are worth keeping.
3. Time-shifted. Potential customers no longer need to turn their computers on, go online and read the content they want to read. Again, they can store and read chosen contents at their own time.